NEW Restaurant in Singapore Rochester Park - Hui. Restaurant

NEW restaurant in Singapore Rochester Park


The most eye catching in this restaurant is the LED wall that captured changes of four seasons and different wether from sunset to sunrise , rain and rainbow, clouds shooting stars etc tip - you may want to request for a seat next to this wall 

Hui Restaurant Signature LED wall

We had the 7 course $158nett summer Omakase menu which comes with starter, Blue Crab, Hokkaido Scallop , Japanese Oysters, French Seabass, Wagyu and dessert. 

Hui Restaurant Summer Omakase Menu

This restaurant is helm by chef Liinson Heng is formerly the Chef De Partie of three Michelin-starred Joel Robuchon and the Chef De Cuisine of Olivia Cassivelaun Fancourt Singapore. He has previously trained under Chef Jean Michel Perrchon in Paris 

For HUI, Chef has curated a series of set menus where Chinese flavours marry French gastronomy.

I love the spicy food hence I added 3 spoons of the chilli oil to my Hokkaido Scallop truffle oil Angel hair pasta . Surprise to find that chilli oil matches very well with truffle 

Hokkaido Scallop


Chilli Oil

Pre Starter I find that it’s a bit too ordinary . I think there could be room for improvement because that’s the first serve that will serve as a prelude to what to expect for next few courses 


Pre Starter

Was told the beet root was Mala infused but I can’t really taste it. Ignoring the Mala flavour this dish was overall delicious and fun to discover the blue crab and avocado purée hidden within the beet root and the Color is pretty

Blue Crab 

Blue Crab with Mala Beer Root

The Oysters are slightly poached thou I prefer raw oysters. But it’s a good move for people who do not consume raw. The spicy Wagyu sauce for the oysters is wow. I would love to ask for a bowl of rice to go go with that. However, added to the oyster I find that it actually overpower the freshness and umami taste of the oysters . I wish that for this dish I can consume the oysters raw, than I can add some rice to the oysters shell to soak up the oysters juice, add on the spicy Wagyu sauce to the rice , mix and consume it to together with the Spanish cabbage! 

Japanese Oysters

Interesting to find out that the foam for the French Seabass is actually Mala Foam ! Since I love Mala Food I was very excited! But comes with a Seabass that was prepared in the way I dislike the most . Thou it’s deliberately fish scale on and pan fried till crispy. I personally don’t like it (this is individual preference, I am not saying it’s not delicious) 

French Seabass

Next Wagyu was my favourite!! Morsel! Other restaurants I only have either half or one piece and here I have 3 whole pieces. And the Wagyu flavour and texture was excellent 

Wagyu

Dessert was unexpectedly good! Love the honey chrysanthemum ice cream, apricot, yuzu jelly and the way it’s presented. 10/10 for this dessert 


Dessert - Honey Chrysanthemum Ice Cream 


HUI Restaurant Singapore 

10B Rochester Park Singapore 139259

Call us on +65 65303977 (HUI L1) / +65 88201150 (HUI L2 VIP) and book your table by phone.


Sakurabearsg 

Popular

Beauty Keeper Taiwan

Nam Nam Go West

Dr:Cilabo Labo Labo Super-Moist Range